Friday, January 21, 2011

Achievement Day

I am not going to lie when I got called to be the Achievement Day leader I was a little unsure of what I really had to do.... but in some way the Lord helps you along and it feels like riding a bike now! 
One day I was looking through my sisters memory box,  and in it I found a scrap book that was made for her when she was in Young Women's. 
I thought it was the perfect size, and of course the perfect cuteness to make my girls their own books to keep them on track to complete their activities... plus it's super fun! This way they won't look at all the activities in the manual get overwhelmed. Thanks Shannon for the book idea!! :)

 Achievement Day theme... the theme can be repeated at each activity for opening exercises.


Each page is divided up into "levels." Emerald is the first level... When each activity is completed they get to put a glittery sticker in the box which is next to the activity description that they write, leader initials and date. When the girl completes all 7 activities in this level they get to attach a green gem and moves on to level 2...

 Level 2 (Opal)

Level 3 (Sapphire)

This level, level 4 (Ruby) can only be completed when they turn 11 years old. If the girl can keep on track, moving up a level every year, then by the time they are 11 all they have to do is this level and the Bishops interview (check box is at the bottom of the sheet).

 Articles of Faith


The back page has two pockets, one for the girls contact info, and their book to reference for activities and things. 

The Gospel Standards I feel is so important for the girls to read. What a good thing to do in the car while driving to their activity.

Also, every time the girl comes to the activity AND brings their book they get a ribbon to tie on one of the rings that bind the book together!

When the girls turn 12 and move to Young Women's they receive a bracelet with all the gems they have earned!! Still need to work on what that looks like, but I'm excited to do it!!



Photobucket

0 comments: